We will help you fulfil your tax obligations on time and in full
“We have the expertise to offer a wide range of taxation services.”
Colenbrander Inc is home to a knowledgeable and dedicated team of tax practitioners. It is our aim to be our clients’ first port of call for any and all tax matters, providing an invaluable tax management and advisory service. We assist individuals and companies with tax planning, calculations and submissions of tax returns. We employ valuable tax management strategies to ensure your personal or business affairs are structured in a tax efficient manner.
We can help you with the following services:
- Corporate and personal income tax returns
- Tax planning
- Provisional tax
- Registrations with SARS
- Employer tax returns - assistance with the calculation and submission of monthly EMP201s, bi-annual EMP501s and VAT201 returns
- Post tax return support, liaising with SARS
The Diesel Fuel Tax Refund System
The diesel refund system was introduced in a phased approach from 2000 and offers full or partial relief from the fuel levy, the Road Accident Fund and excise duty.
It is aimed at protecting the competitiveness of South African producers in agriculture, forestry and fishing and the mining sectors by reducing these road-related levies for non-road users participating in certain defined industries or activities.
Our tax team is able to assist you with ensuring your compliance when claiming a diesel refund.
We can train your staff with regards to the correct record keeping, claims procedures and claims documents needed, as well as explaining the legislation as published in the Customs and Excise Act (as the diesel refund system is governed by the Customs and Excise Act and not the VAT Act).
If you require assistance with any of the following, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Ensuring that your registration is for the correct activities that you undertake (e.g. if mixed farming includes forestry then both activities have to be registered)
- Checking that the purchase of diesel is being correctly managed, documented and delivered
- Advice on the drafting and keeping of a log book and the relevant documentation that has to be maintained as evidence to prove that the activity has taken place
- How to prepare for an inspection and to ensure that you have the correct documentation
- Advice on the appeal route should the SARS auditors find that you have not been compliant
- Assistance in the drafting of an appeal and submitting the appeal within the prescribed time
- Information regarding the legislation and where to find the relevant information on the SARS website
Visit our specialist website Custom EX to contact us with regards to the Diesel Fuel Tax Refund System
Ask Jeanette a tax question:
Jeanette is a tax consultant with 14 years experience working for SARS, and 11 years in the private sector. She manages a tax team of consultants with exceptional skill and knowledge in all tax disciplines.
Jeanette and her team are here to help. If you have a query, please fill in the contact form and we’ll get back to you.