Our advice allows our clients to make informed investment decisions
“We are committed to helping our clients succeed, it is our greatest reward.”
Advisory and Business Consulting
At Colenbrander Inc, it is our chief aim to add value to our clients’ businesses. The way we are able to do this is through our in-depth understanding of their businesses.We offer various advisory and business consulting services in which we work closely with our clients to achieve their objectives and maximise shareholder value. This involves understanding and anticipating our clients’ needs, their strategic objectives and hurdles. We use our expertise to design personalised solutions and offer decisive advice on how to achieve these objectives.
Our services include:
- Outsourced financial management
- Reorganisation and restructuring of entities
- Tax planning
- Succession planning
- Advice to directors and business owners on business and cash flow management
- Business valuations
Business Structures and Support
The type of entity you operate your business from may affect your tax obligations, your or your business' ability to raise finance, and it may even affect the continued success of your business and the name you create for yourself in the marketplace.
Not only will we advise you on what type of entity you should be using for your business, we can:
- Assist you in the formation of the entity
- Act as your accountant, accounting officer or auditor
- Advise and attend to any amendments to the statutory structure of the entity
- Maintain statutory records on behalf of the entity
- Register the entity for income tax, PAYE, UIF, SDL, COID (WCA) and VAT
We understand that circumstances change and often businesses need to be restructured. We can work with you, your lawyer, bankers and other partners to restructure and/or refinance your existing business to best suit your needs and objectives.
Our secretarial services include:
- Submission of annual returns on your behalf to the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission.
- Attend to the change of shareholders, directors, members
- Maintain minute books, share registers and other statutory documents
- Attend to the issue and transfer of shares and members interests
- Attend to any changes to Trust Deeds
- Attend to changes to Trustees of a Trust
- Appointment of auditors, independent accounting professionals and accounting officers
- Drafting of resolutions
Ask Steve a question:
Steve founded Colenbrander Inc in 2000 and his leadership and dedication helps steer the company from strength to strength. His years of experience in commerce and accounting means he provides our clients with invaluable advisory and business consulting services.
Steve and his team are here to help. If you have a query, please fill in the contact form and we’ll get back to you.
Ask Gary a question:
Gary was born in Pietermaritzburg on the 3 August 1970 and matriculated from Maritzburg College in Pietermaritzburg. He obtained his BCom degree in Accounting from UKZN, Pietermaritzburg in 1992, and signed articles with G C Ford & Co in 1993, during which time he studied towards his CTA.
After completion of his articles, Gary worked as an executive financial director in the timber industry for about 10 years, during which time he qualified as a chartered accountant in 2002. Gary returned to the accounting profession in 2009 as a director at Colenbrander Inc. His leadership skills, passion and diverse experience are valuable assets to the company.